Tuesday, August 28, 2012

With An Act of my Will...

Note: Since I am struggling so much with this "empty nest" thing, I am choosing today to thank God for any blessings that I possibly can that might be a result of the kids no longer being here. This is one of the hardest things for me to do, as I would love the noise and mess of having the kids here if I didn't have confidence that they are right where they are supposed to be. So, with an act of my will, I choose to give thanks:

#581. Quiet in my home. No TV, games, or YouTube videos playing on laptops.

#582. Counters clean...all day, even!

#583. Empty sink...no new dishes!

#584. Washer and dryer available any time I need them.

#585. Cabinet devoid of numerous almost-empty Hershey Syrup bottles.

#586. No more almost-empty ketchup bottles in the fridge. (There is a theme here!)

#587. Solicitousness  of two canines who wonder where everybody is!

#588. Meals eaten at home.

No comments: