Monday, December 29, 2008

#437. For the privilege of being invited to step in to lead worship at church yesterday. The person scheduled to do it had the flu...I was overwhelmed, had to depend on God, but was in awe that it was *HIS* idea for me to do this...how ironic.

#438. All the things that I prayed for seemed to happen at some level. I prayed that Tony, the worship pastor--who couldn't lead because he was presenting the morning's message--would be able to just worship the Lord prior to giving his message. He called and told me he had been blessed by having a chance to do that.

#439. I prayed that the people who normally are in the band, but who wouldn't have to worry about playing, might be refreshed and encouraged by not having to come for an early practice...the drummer told me last night what a blessing it was not to be "on" yesterday for a change...that he was able to kick back and it was a good thing. Thank you, Lord.

#440. I had prayed also that in spite of not having the big worship team, someone(s) would be able to worship God in a special way...that maybe it would actually be a *good* thing for someone...and a lady came up to me after the service and shared how nice it was for her...that she could really worship with just the guitar and the voice...that it was a good thing for her...Thank you, Lord, for that encouragement...

I just so much wanted to worship God myself...and I did...and wanted others to be able to do so as well...I hope and pray they did.

No comments: