Wednesday, December 31, 2008

#441. On Monday, I had an incredible ride with my husband, Breezy and Harley. Thank you, Lord, for keeping me safe. For the joy that welled up in my spirit as I was outside in the beautiful weather with the love of my life (Bob) and the equine loves of my life too! (Breezy and Harley).

#442. On that ride, God gave us a calm ride along the river...our calmest yet. It allowed me to truly enjoy the wonder of His creation.

#443. On that ride, we were able to trot and canter together and laugh together. Even Bob and Breezy! LOL!

#444. Afterwards, I hung out with the horses in the corral and Harley was so silly. Oh, Lord, you have made the horses with such personality. How did you do that? I know that part of it is merely to delight us humans! And oh how it does!

#445. Yesterday's arena ride with Harley wasn't nearly so peaceful, Lord. You know something was definitely wrong...yet as I prepared to get Harley in the trailer I gave him a stern talking to. "Now Harley, I have done a good job not getting angry with you today, but I am really close to anger right now. You just get in that trailer. I know you aren't afraid to do that...so just do it. I don't want to blow up over this little thing...but I am near my boiling point!" And Harley gave me a "kiss" on the face at just that moment. I do believe he knows what I am saying...(I taught him to "kiss" and he uses it at the most bizarre moments...)

No comments: