Monday, February 4, 2013

#707. That this is true:
There is a depth of intimacy with God that can only be known through suffering.  There is a reliance on Him that can only be experienced when everything else around my soul seems to give way.
From Laura Story's book, "What if Your Blessings Come Through Raindrops"

I choose today to thank God for my latest trial. I know that it is causing deeper intimacy with Him, even as I must cling to him for all I am worth--at times, it feels like my strength will totally give way and I will be lost into a maelstrom of dark emotion. Yet, like Matt Redman sings "Oh no, you never let go." Which leads me to another blessing...

#708. That God never ever lets go of me. He will never forsake me.



#709. For the drama that is played out before me each morning, acting as a prophecy of sorts for life...the shroud of darkness that is over the world, can't withstand the breaking of the dawn. Light will come. Darkness will have to flee and light will be victorious. Daily, this gives hope. As faithful as God has been each day with a new sunrise, he has been faithful in bringing the dawn in my life when I have faced dark trials. Just as I sit here knowing that there will be light in the world today (even as it is pitch black outside), I can know that there will be a moment in my life when the darkness has passed and I will live in light again.

No comments: