Thursday, January 31, 2013

 #690. The luxury of this moment.  I love that I have moments like this...where I could be doing a million things but either because of where I am (perhaps waiting for something/someone) or because it is "in between" the "must do" moments of life, I get to just sit, contemplate, be still, wait and enjoy. These moments are precious.

#691. That through one of the most difficult trials of my adult life, God is showing me that the strategies that he has taught me over the years work. I can do this trial for the glory of God. This isn't just some sort of bizarre, unhealthy, dysfunctional, denial. It is God at work, doing a new thing.

#692. For baby girl's chipper voice last night on the phone. For the friendships she is developing, that she is experiencing life outside the four walls she grew up in (and the mom who sheltered her oh-so-overly-thoroughly), and that she is planning to go to England this summer. Wow...I am in awe of all she is becoming.

#693. For the soft heart of the "baby boy," who is still willing to apologize for an email sent too hastily. I treasure that he is so willing to reconsider his words--and do the right thing.


#694. For the crazy technology that allows us to connect with people on the other side of the world instantly, to share a message, to post a video for others to view...gosh...it really is amazing!

No comments: